Monday 17 October 2016

First impressions and long lasting friendships

I love first impressions. They allow me to act however I want because I think "Hey I don't know these people well, so who cares what they think!"

People always want the me they first met, but as soon as they see a bit of the me behind the first impression they run with their tails between their legs.

They don't like what they see and then I need to go and find more people, the problem is the same thing happens again and they run away. It's a vicious cycle which I cannot escape from.

I envy those who have long lasting friendships. The ones who brag about how they have been friends since primary school.

There are those who say "I hate first impressions and meeting new people! I get so anxious" but soon find someone to be there best friend and never leave that person's side.

I long for a friendship where people can still love who I am even after seeing behind the first impression.


..... I just don't think that people can tolerate the mess of a person behind the facade, I don't blame them neither can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment